Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict IBTROLLIN's Avatar
    I'd love to hear from someone that's used some of zymol's more expensive waxes. It'd be interesting to hear whether the finish they produce justifies the enormous price difference over some of the other brands.
    "MLITE" - 2015 BMW M135i in Valencia Orange

2. Collapse Details

Banned Detail Paradise Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by domino
    anyone that's tried to use dodo supernatural on a dark colour would know all about gassing

yet ppl still continue to hype it
    I have, , I condem all Dodo waxes, way to hard to apply and remove and are not superior in durability or looks over other much easier products.

3. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict Caprice270's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IBTROLLIN
    I'd love to hear from someone that's used some of zymol's more expensive waxes. It'd be interesting to hear whether the finish they produce justifies the enormous price difference over some of the other brands.
    You have to bear in mind that the more expensive Zymol waxes (Vintage onwards) come in massive 22 ounce pots with free lifetime refills (for enthousiasts only). On a per application basis, they are not that much more expensive than Zymol Concours, depending how much you wax over the course of your life .

I think Zymol Atlantique is the last in the line of non-free refill Zymol waxes, and by all accounts it is a nice wax but there is a bit of wank factor about it. I think Phil/Spurgen had a sample pot, perhaps he can chip in with his first hand experience.

4. Collapse Details

Wash - Dodo B2BM or Bowdens Own
    Wash Mitt/Sponge - Bowdens Muffy Sponge and C Quartz Mitt
    All Purpose Cleaner - Trade
    Decontamination - IronX
    Degreaser- Trade
    Clay - Bowdens Own
    Polish - Menz and Meguiars and some special blends
    Glaze - Dont really use them
    Wax - Swissvax Crystal Rock, Swissvax Best of Show, Naviwax Dark, Lusso Orro plus have many others like Swissvax Shield, Samurai, DP Max Wax ect
    Spray Wax - Optimum Car Wax
    Sealant - Jetseal 109, Opti-seal,
    Coating - Opti-Guard
    Tyre Shine - Wolggang for shine, Optimum Polymer Tech for nice look
    Dressing - 303 Aerospace Protectant, Bowdens Own Vinyl Car, 1Z cockpit
    Glass - Bowdens Naked Glass
    QD - Trade
    Leather - Zaino

5. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict Dan_S's Avatar
    Zymol advertise a sample pack of Atlantique, Vintage and Royale if you want to find out first hand :wink:

I haven't used anything in this price bracket probably never will, but am intrigued like many others about the possible results achieved by the likes of SV Crystal Rock + Divine or Zymol Vintage + Royale.

The individual is the only one who knows if they can justify spending the money on high end boutique waxes. The results a $1500+ wax produce are obviously not 15X better than a $100 wax, put simply are you willing to pay an enormous % more for a small % gain?

My impression is a lot of info on these waxes is based on the observations of the many who have read about them on detailing sites, this being based on the experience of a small minority who have actually used the waxes. I wouldn't be making a decision based on pics of cars on a computer screen with these waxes applied as it will do very little to show the 'real life' results on a car. Its no secret that an average looking car under the right lighting with the right photography can be made to look far better than a perfectly detailed car with bad lighting and photography.

Presently I couldn't justify the price of any of these waxes, if I can in the future then it would be a great satisfaction to personally know what finish is achievable from one of them.

6. Collapse Details

Valid points Dan. I myself am nowhere near experienced enough to be able to accurately compare waxes etc.
    I personally think 'detailed' from Immaculate Reflections does great work from what I've seen and he uses SV high end waxes.
    I suppose buying expensive products because you've seen a talented pro use them to great effect is like kids buying the same boots as their fave footy star. The boots give you the gear necessary to achieve the results but if you don't have the skills then you won't perform the same.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_S
    Zymol advertise a sample pack of Atlantique, Vintage and Royale if you want to find out first hand :wink:

I haven't used anything in this price bracket probably never will, but am intrigued like many others about the possible results achieved by the likes of SV Crystal Rock + Divine or Zymol Vintage + Royale.

The individual is the only one who knows if they can justify spending the money on high end boutique waxes. The results a $1500+ wax produce are obviously not 15X better than a $100 wax, put simply are you willing to pay an enormous % more for a small % gain?

My impression is a lot of info on these waxes is based on the observations of the many who have read about them on detailing sites, this being based on the experience of a small minority who have actually used the waxes. I wouldn't be making a decision based on pics of cars on a computer screen with these waxes applied as it will do very little to show the 'real life' results on a car. Its no secret that an average looking car under the right lighting with the right photography can be made to look far better than a perfectly detailed car with bad lighting and photography.

Presently I couldn't justify the price of any of these waxes, if I can in the future then it would be a great satisfaction to personally know what finish is achievable from one of them.
    I was skeptical about Crystal Rock prior to buying and using, but am amazed at how good it is as shown on the Ferrari 512 I just did. Now you are right its not 15x better than a $100 wax probably not even 3x better in looks but durability it should be (time will tell).

Is it a must for a high quality car or detail? do you have to NEED something to get it? hell no its just nice to have lol.

Is BOS or Mystery just as good as CR? I will be finding out soon

8. Collapse Details

Can't wait to see your results mate. Unless you're particularly well off I think you need to be a pro with decent work volume and technique (such as yourself) to justify the cost of some of those waxes. A n00b like me just wouldn't see the benefit from it IMO.

9. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict Caprice270's Avatar
    Don't forget, its not all about looks. There's so much other stuff that makes a great wax. Dirt repellency is my favourite quality. I drove my Zymol'd Fairlane through rain for a whole night and in the morning the paint was still clean even though the wheels were filthy (I didn't seal my rims )

10. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict ozmale42's Avatar
    Wash Shampoo - Duragloss 951
    Wheel Washing - As above.
    Polish (Non Abrasive) - Autoglym Super Resin Polsih
    Polish (Abrasive) Menzerna
    Paste Wax - CG Petes 53 (have Swissvax Scuderia but prefer Petes 53!!)
    Spray wax: Prima Hydro or Zaino Z8
    Sealant - WG Deep Gloss Sealant
    Glaze - Poorboys Blackhole
    QD - Prima Slick
    Microfibre - ZAS waffle weave. Not fussed on any other polishing or buffing cloths but tend to pick Aquatouch as the best of an average bunch
    Plastic - Meguiars PlastX
    Wheel sealing - DG Wheel Glaze
    Windows Cleaner: Autoglym Fast Glass
    Window Polish - Autoglym Glass Polish
    Interior (carpets/cloth): Autoglym Interior Shampoo
    Interior (other) - Aerospace 303
    Rubbers - Einzlett Gummi Pfledge

Thread Information