Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Which Quick Detailer / Waterless Wash ?
    Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict
    Hi guys,

My car sits outside, so it's often exposed to the dust, dirt, rain, poop etc..

Hoping to get some recommendations on an inexpensive, budget oriented, weekend warrior - Quick Detailer / Waterless wash, maybe something with the ability to remove water spots too, just so I can spray on and wipe off any areas that need it.

I've read about ONR, but you apply that to a bucket of water, then wash the car... then I read about the opti-clean... which seems similar. It all adds up and gets confusing to be honest, many companies with very similar products that do things very similar to each other

Thoughts ?

Thanks in advance

2. Collapse Details

Or do what I do !!! (sometimes)

Premix a small batch of ONR (say 2 or 3 litres) and keep in a small sealed bucket. I do make it a little more concentrated for the application. Come time soak a clean fluffy MF and apply to the whole panel needing attention, dry with a drying towel. Easy as and takes only a few minutes. Seal unused ONR for the next time. I do refresh the ONR after about a month if need be.
    Last edited by AusAbarth; 16-05-2017 at 02:34 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict Tassie's Avatar
    Put the ONR in a spray bottle, one of the 5 litres weed sprayer things.

cheap i picked one up for $10

4. Collapse Details

Thanks guys . So you can use ONR as a Quick Detailer to spray and wipe? How is that different to using a dedicated 'QD' ?

AusAbarth: So you pre-mix a batch of ONR/Water then store it? Would't the water go stagnant ?

Thanks

5. Collapse Details

Never tried ONR as a QD – cannot comment, but I would rather use a dedicated QD

Fair point about the stagnate premix ONR, however I use a little 5 litre bucket to store the ONR (10ml in 2litres). By the time you use it a few times then you need to top up so really no chance to get stagnant. If I have not used it for a month – I chuck it

HTH

6. Collapse Details

Member Detail Paradise Member
    Im in similar boat having to maintain a car that is permanently outside. So with onr.. Do u do a pre rinse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Collapse Details

Thanks AusAbarth . Yeh, I was looking at specific QD's as It's my understand they have lubrication? Whereas, ONR uses water and the ONR holds the dirty to be pulled off, then use a drying towel to dry? Gets rather confusing, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Im in similar boat having to maintain a car that is permanently outside. So with onr.. Do u do a pre rinse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Curious also. My understand is you use that with 'light' dirt (or is that something for QD's?) ? How does one determine if a car is too dirty to use ONR or a QD, and therfor may need a pre-rinse before using a QD/ONR ?

8. Collapse Details

Member Detail Paradise Member
    Recently got some onr, onqd and oww. I was planning on using the qd as normal ie qd spray.

The other two i am a little confused also, but was thinking that if the car has driven in rain for a few days its probably too dirty. A few days after a 2bw and not being able to garage my(daily) new ford ranger (skyline and boat live in the garage), it is exposed to elements and may not need a 2bw so i would use the onr or oww then i guess, depending on things like time i can spend, accessibility to full a bucket with the diluted solution of onr.

I was going to premix a sprayer with oww to keep in my vehicles "quick detail" kit

9. Collapse Details

Great thread!

What kind of drying towel are you guys using with ONR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Collapse Details

That's another thing Ill have to look into... getting a nice fluffy drying towel.

At this stage, by the looks of it, I think my car might get too dirty to use normal QD. What other option might there be for a Rinse-less wash other than ONR ? I had a couple of people tell me McKees makes a good one (though can't find them available in Aus), aswell as Wolfgang ... thoughts?

Thread Information