Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict BryceyBoy's Avatar
    Diluted Wheel Acid should be your best bet - agitate with various brushes rinse and repeat as necessary - Meguiars Wheel Brightener would be your most cost effective solution.

There is specific iron dust products out there too.. example - https://www.westchem.com.au/products...acid-detergent
    “I know that I don’t know anything more than you know. Really… There are no experts. There is only the integrity of doing and having done.” Terence McKenna

FinishPro Detailing Enhancements
    Web: www.finishpro.com.au Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/finishproAU/ Email: sales@finishpro.com.au

2. Collapse Details

Junior Member Detail Paradise Member
    Bit late to the topic I know but I would give this mob a call. They have products specifically for the removal of red dirt.

http://www.challengechemicals.com.au...-dirt-removers
    Last edited by Scag; 02-06-2017 at 12:29 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Scag View Post
    Bit late to the topic I know but I would this mob a call. They have products specifically for the removal of red dirt.

http://www.challengechemicals.com.au...-dirt-removers
    The methanesulfuric acid in their RDS and RDS plus is more commonly know as "battery acid".

I would look towards other, less volatile acids.

4. Collapse Details

Member Detail Paradise Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MitchH View Post
    Seeing as the dirt is red due to the really high iron content i would use CarPro IronX which is a dedicated iron remover which is paint safe.

Or your other option which is a bit less safe but easier to get your hands on, is a wheel cleaner like Bowdens Wheely Clean.
    I've spoken to Dan Bowden directly and he assured me Wheely Clean is paint safe and can be used as an iron remover on paint, it's just not a particularly cheap option. It can be bought directly from them in 5l and 20l sizes as well which is more cost effective than the retail spray pack.

5. Collapse Details

Junior Member Detail Paradise Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trewarin View Post
    The methanesulfuric acid in their RDS and RDS plus is more commonly know as "battery acid".

I would look towards other, less volatile acids.
    I would say that 'sulphuric acid' is what is "commonly known" as battery acid. The acid you refer to is actually methanesulphonic acid which I can honestly say I have never heard of. I don't know which one (if any) of the five options they list are of use to the OP but some have been developed specifically for the removal of red dirt on vehicles, painted surfaces and aluminium.

6. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Scag View Post
    I would say that 'sulphuric acid' is what is "commonly known" as battery acid. The acid you refer to is actually methanesulphonic acid which I can honestly say I have never heard of. I don't know which one (if any) of the five options they list are of use to the OP but some have been developed specifically for the removal of red dirt on vehicles, painted surfaces and aluminium.
    Autocorrect changed a bunch of that post as I typed, and Tapatalk wouldn't let me edit the spelling.

It is, however, battery acid.

Thread Information