Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by BryceyBoy View Post
    do you reckon steam is just as game changing as microfibre is/was??... i do.
    Absolutely.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

2. Collapse Details

Junior Member Detail Paradise Member
    Hello guys,
    Looking to expand my tools. How does this compare to say Karcher SC5? Also would you still need a carpet extractor like the Bissell when you have this steam cleaner? Thanks!

3. Collapse Details

Junior Member Detail Paradise Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinzz View Post
    Hello guys,
    Looking to expand my tools. How does this compare to say Karcher SC5? Also would you still need a carpet extractor like the Bissell when you have this steam cleaner? Thanks!
    Hi Vinzz, I own the Sauber and use it quite often when detailing. I did purchase the SC5 years ago from bunnings and returned it the next day, for me, the SC5 is a toy when compared to the Sauber. While I don't believe the unit is worth the RRP that godfreys sells it for, it's usually pretty easy to pick up a second hand, just browsing the online store of cash converters now there is one listed for $219, it does say pickup only, but I'm sure if you called the store and offered to cover postage you might get lucky.

Attachments are also pretty cheap through godfreys, I purchased the diamond head brush and a few nozzles and so on for around $50 in total. As with all steamers you want to give it adequate time to preheat, I remember some karchers claiming to be "ready" to use in 30 seconds.. rubbish. You'll want to allow 10 - 15 minutes prior with the sauber, a full tank can last me anywhere up to 45 minutes and it's crazy hot, over 230 degrees dry steam, it does have the option to heat at 50% capacity or you have buttons on the wand to use half or full pressure.

It's great with the diamond head tool, simply wrap a microfiber around it and steam leather and upholstery, you can also use it like an 'extractor' and follow behind it with a wet vac if you don't have an extractor.

So to summarise, if you can get it a good price, I'd highly recommend it.

4. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict Tiger's Avatar
    I bought a second hand SB300 2 weeks ago. Haven't given it a run at cleaning anything yet as I needed to get new attachments. Fired it up to make sure it worked and to figure out how to use it and it seems great. $300 from Cash Converters, was stickered at $350 down from $700. New attachments from Godfreys for about $85 which I'm picking up today.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Trev. Tiger Car Cleaning. 0408 100 467. Melbourne Outer East & Yarra Valley.

5. Collapse Details

Senior Member Detail Paradise Addict gr346's Avatar
    That's a great pickup Trev - fantastic machines
    Square 1 Automotive Detailing
    Correct - Refine - Protect - Maintain

Email: gareth@square1detailing.com.au
    Instagram: square1detailing
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/Square1AutomotiveDetailing

Thread Information